Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce
A great fresh tasting sauce that can be served on pasta, veggies or meat.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 19g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 30 kalamata olives halved
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers with juice
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- Salt pepper to taste
- Seed bell pepper, half tomatoes, half peeled onion and chop just the tops of garlic in hull.
- Place first 4 ingredients on baking sheet drizzle with a olive oil. Broil at 375˚ F until pepper is soft.
- Meanwhile, mix next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- When roasted veggies are ready squeeze out the garlic, take tough skin off peppers.
- Place them in food processor and pulse a few times.
- Combine veggies with parsley mixture.
California Pilates http://capilates.com/